skip to Main Content
(+91) 9109738982

Change in Registered Office of
the Company in just 5 Days
@Just Rs. 3500

(consultancy Fees)

What you will get –
Consultation + ROC Filing + Drafting of Resolution and other letters

Call or WhatsApp Now : +91-91097-38982

Share Your Details & Get A Quote

You can get your questions answered through message on WhatsApp, within working hours.

Change in Registered Office of the Company within city or within same state

Registered Office of a Company is the place where Company receives all its official correspondence. The Registered office of Company is situated within the jurisdiction of a particular Registrar of Companies (ROC). The registered office address of a Company or LLP can be changed within the local limits of any city, town or village where the office is now situated by giving a notice to the concerned Registrar within 30 days after the date of the change of workspace.

But if the registered office is changed within the state, then a special resolution must be passed. Where as the place of registered offices is to be changed from one State to another State, the Company or LLP may do so by passing special resolution and getting confirmation of the Company Law Board. In this case of state change, the Company or LLP is also required to give an advertisement in the newspapers indicating and a notice is to be given to the State Government when it is proposed to transfer the registered office from one State to another.

Formalities of shifting of Registered Office in all three scenarios are different depending on the new address of the Registered Office. SimplyBusiness is the web-based and technology-driven pioneer for legal and financial consultancy and services relating to company registration in India. SimplyBusiness offering a variety of services like company registration, business compliances, tax filing, trademark filing, GST registration and more. SimplyBusiness can help you to appoint a director in your company. The average time taken to file for removal of director is about 10 – 15 working days, subject to government processing time and client document submission. Get a free consultation on removal of director by scheduling an appointment with a SimplyBusiness Advisor.



The process for changing the Registered Office of a company depends on the nature of change. Our Advisor will advice you on the process best for you

Drafting Agreements

Once you understand the procedures involved in changing the Registered Office of your Company and share the required documents with our Advisor, our Expert will draft the necessary Resolutions for the procedure.

Change of Registered Office Application

Once the Board Resolutions are passed, our Experts will prepare and file the necessary documents with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to register the change of address of the Registered Office.

Documents Required

Board Resolution/ Shareholders Resolution by company on company letter head


Q. What all records are mandatory to keep at the Registered Office ?

A. All the incorporation documents, statutory records and registered and books of accounts must be kept at the Registered Office of the Company. To name a few the list of statutory records include MoA & AoA, private placement record, share certificate register, share transfer register, register of charge, register of members, minutes of meetings, register of loans etc. Board of Directors may decide to keep the books of accounts and other records at another place by giving notice in writing to the Registrar of Companies

Q. Who can decide to shift the Registered Office of the Company?

A. Shifting of Registered Office within same town, city or village can be decided by the Board of Directors by passing a resolution. Shifting of Registered Office within state or out of state must be authorized by members during General Meeting by passing a special resolution.

Q. Can I keep my residence as Registered Office of my Company or LLP?

A. Yes, you can keep your residence as Registered Office of your Company or LLP. It is not necessary for a Registered Office to be a commercial or industrial premises. However a vacate land cannot be the Registered Office.

Q. Can a registered office be outside India?

A. A registered office cannot be outside India.

Q. When should the ROC be informed about the change in registered office?

A. ROC must be notified of the change in Registered Office by filing the appropriate documents within 30 days of change of Registered Office premises.
Back To Top